National Association of Student Anthropologists (NASA) Call for Proposals 2018 Meetings of the American Anthropological Association
The National Association of Student Anthropologists (NASA) warmly invites students to submit abstracts for individually volunteered papers, posters, sessions, roundtables, and workshops to be considered for inclusion in the NASA program for the 117th Meeting of the American Anthropological Association. This year’s meeting will be held in San Jose, California from November 14-18, 2018 and the topic is “Change in the Anthropological Imagination: Resistance, Resilience, and Adaptation.”
Please note the deadline—April 16, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.—for the submission of abstracts for the AAA meetings. A smaller number of proposals for late-breaking sessions will be accepted between August 13 and September 14, 2018, for review by the AAA Program Committee. The AAA meetings website provides a description of the various kinds of proposals that may be submitted. You must be a current member of the AAA and the NASA section and have registered for the 2018 Annual Meeting in order to submit any abstracts to NASA for review.
In keeping with the AAA guidelines, all session proposals will be reviewed by the NASA Program Committee for consideration as invited sessions. NASA encourages prospective organizers of invited sessions to consider co-sponsorship with other AAA sections, and to indicate those potential sections as part of their submission.
As students, we are able to organize our own sessions at the AAA Annual Meetings just as established scholars are, and all AAA student members are welcome to submit abstracts to the NASA section for review. This can help you gain experience in organizing a panel of related papers, presenting your research at a national conference, and networking with other professionals in your field.
Please contact the NASA Program Committee with any questions about proposals:
- Belinda Ramirez (University of California, San Diego), Chair: email@example.com
- Lesly-Marie Buer (University of Kentucky): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Lee: email@example.com
Applications for AAA Meetings-Related Exemptions and Waivers:
- Anthropologists outside the U.S. and Canada and non-anthropologists seeking to attend the 2018 Annual Meetings of the AAA may apply for an Exemption of the AAA Membership Requirement. Meeting Registration Fees would still be required. Deadline for submission of applications is March 29, 2018:
- Undergraduate students may apply to work as volunteers at the AAA meetings and, if accepted, will have their registration fees reimbursed at a later time. Students interested in this opportunity must first register for the meetings, and submit an Application for Student Volunteers in August 2018.