The 116th Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association will be held in Washington, D.C. with the theme of Anthropology Matters! Every year the association develops a logo which represents the annual meeting location and/or theme. This year we are looking for your input! We want to see your visual interpretation of the theme. The winner will work with a committee and a professional designer to produce the final logo.
Contestants are permitted to work in groups, but their entry will be considered as one and will be eligible to win a single prize.
- Your logo concept should be reflective of the 2017 conference destination, Washington, D.C. and/or the theme for the conference.
- Your logo concept should not include references, symbols, or messages that may be deemed offensive, discriminatory, or inappropriate.
- Your logo should include the name of the meeting “116th Annual Meeting of the AAA”, the location “Washington, D.C.,” and the date “November 29 – December 3, 2017.”
Selection & Prize
- A panel comprised of members of the Program Committee, will select one (1) winning entry, and their decision will be final. The winner will be notified by email and announced on the AAA website and social media platforms. The panel reserves the right to declare the contest deserted, to cancel it, or to disqualify any entry that does not conform to the guidelines.
- Submissions should be made electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the entry form, and the logo concept in the format described above, as attachments with subject line <Logo Contest 2016>. The deadline to submit entries is July 22, 2016 at midnight Eastern Standard Time (-5 GMT), and decisions will be made by July 31, 2016.
- Submissions will be judged on their visual appeal, their adherence to the concept and themes outlined above, quality of design, creativity, and ease of reproduction and manipulation.
- The prize for the winning entry will include:
- Special recognition during the conference and on the AAA website.
- One complimentary registration to the 2017 Annual Meeting (up to $444 in value).
- Four night stay at the conference hotel during the 2017 Annual Meeting (up to $1,300 value).
- Prizes can are not exchangeable or transferable to other dates, or people and have no cash value.
- Any queries should be addressed to: email@example.com.
- June 22 – Logo Contest Launches
- July 22 – Logo Contest Entries are due
- July 18-July31 – Committee reviews and selects 2017 LOGO
- July 25-September 2 – Logo winner works with staff and designer to produce 3 versions of the logo (icon, medium and full size), 3 colors versions (two color, full color, and gray scale) and different formats (.EPS, .JPG, and .PNG)
- Mid-September – Logo and theme revealed