Program and Administrative Manager
The Flaherty/International Film Seminars is seeking a detail-oriented, self-starter for the position of Program and Administrative Manager.
The Flaherty is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the proposition that independent media can illuminate the human spirit. The Flaherty presents the annual Robert Flaherty Film Seminar (coming up on its 55th year) and also produces year round screening programs and events in New York City. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Program and Administrative Manager will be responsible for managing daily office operations, as well as assisting in the management and implementation of the Robert Flaherty Film Seminar and other Flaherty programs.
- Manage the logistics of Flaherty programs including the Seminar, Leo Awards, and Flaherty on the Road screenings;
- Write, edit and circulate monthly e-newsletter blasts and update website with current program information as needed;
- Coordinate the production of printed materials, including the annual friends drive letter, program flyers, and the postcard, brochure, and catalogue for the Seminar;
- Secure and foster new relationships with media outlets, non-profit media organizations, and universities, for outreach and promotion of our programs;
- Manage the office’s purchasing and contracting activities and day-to-day operations;
- Create program timelines and deadlines in order to assure successful events;
- Answer email and phone inquiries regarding the Flaherty Seminar and the organization;
- Secure and supervise seasonal staff and interns throughout the year;
- Interact with board members, donors, vendors, film/video artists, etc.;
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and coordinating other projects, such as screenings, publicity, film distribution, archiving and restoration.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years relevant experience in an office environment;
- Program management, personnel supervision and organizational leadership experience a must;
- Proven experience in juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and able to work independently;
- Must be computer/internet proficient (MAC-based office): Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro;
- Knowledge of financial management (Quickbooks) and Web-programs (Dreamweaver) helpful.
This is a full time position with good benefits.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Resumes must be received by Wednesday, August 27th.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.